Hello Hello! This is my first year participating in ArmchairBEA and this is my first post! I'm busy working this week, but hope to get as much as possible out of this experience! I'm really excited to join in Armchair BEA and meet new book bloggers. Right now, I am trying to get back into faithful blogging- so this is a great place to start for me.
Moving on... to the interview!
1. A bit about me: Hi-hello-howareyou?! I'm Jenna and I have been blogging on and off since mid-2009. My life is busy and I haven't always carved out the time to blog (hence the on/off since '09) but am making a pointed effort to do so now! I began blogging mainly to keep my books, thoughts, reviews, and general ramblings in one place.
2. Currently Reading: Right now, I am rereading the entire Harry Potter series. I just started The Half-Blood Prince last week.
3. One non-book-related thing about me: Well, this is exciting to share as it was JUST finialized on Friday... I've purchased my FIRST home and am now waiting (not so patiently) for closing on the 18th of June. YaY!
7. If I could have dinner with any author.... I would spend an evening with JK Rowling. She is a woman that I would like to learn from. Also, I'm curious about the entire Harry Potter empire- how it started & gained speed, how it changed her life... she is someone that I want to have a cup of coffee with.
10. Have my reading tastes changed since I began blogging?: I would say so... when I first started blogging I was reading a lot of books pertaining to psychology and psychiatry (reference, memoirs, fiction and non-fiction). I still love books relating to the field, but took a break- being immersed in it daily (due to my job) it was beginning to become overwhelming. I grew into reading more dystopian and general fiction as I've progressed, as well as a healthy dose of YA. They were (and are) a bit of an escape for me.
write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow