8.05.2012

Reviewed: The Belly Fat Diet

I got my ebook edition from the Kindle store
I've heard about The Belly Fat Diet for some time now and was interested, but I have never purchased a dieting book and I wasn't about to start. A week or so ago, the website Hundred Zeros alerted me to it being free in the Kindle store, so of course I nabbed it! I'm super glad I did.

note: this ebook is currently back at $2.99 but is eligible for Amazon Prime borrowing... I also suggest adding it to your wishlist and checking often to see if it drops back to a freebie!

The Belly Fat Diet by John Chatham is a quick read and is extremely informative. It explains the science behind belly fat and how to get rid of it. Don't let the title turn you away either- I wouldn't put this in a category of "dieting" but rather label it as a lifestyle change.

Chatham uses everyday language to explain to the layman why we gain weight in the belly, how to prevent it, and how to lose it. There is nothing extreme about this "diet" or exercise plan. It is basically a list of foods to eat and a few that are "off-limits" and/or to be eaten in moderation (trust me- not many... mainly white starches), plus you get a crave meal (referred to as a "cheat") once a week... and you can eat sweet treats every day. This is all about knowing what is healthy and what isn't, eating unprocessed food, and eating in moderation. Chatham also encourages us to eat every two hours- this helps to curb cravings, keeps our metabolism up, and keeps our body from storing fat. 
Seriously, anything that says I can nosh between meals is sooooo for me. I have always been a grazer... trust me, I love meals, but I'm always someone who just eats when I'm hungry and grazes throughout the day... the difference now is that Chatham has explained how and what to graze throughout the day. 
He also highlights the five super foods (berries, kiwi, salmon, nuts, and sweet potatoes) which are all foods that I LOVE. In all, the "diet" is just an outline of what is good to eat! Super simple and very easy to follow. 
The exercise is also ridiculously easy to follow. It is 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week. Now really, who can't squeeze in 30 minutes a day?! Chatham also suggested supplements of fish oil, vitamin b-complex, and vitamin C.
The end of the book is a recipe jackpot as well, so if you're short on ideas, it is easy to flip to the back and find something simple and healthy!

I started this plan on Saturday (8.3.12) and will update with our progress and success (optimist here!) after we've spent some time with the plan... we haven't purchased the vitamins yet though, but we do plan on it.

The verdict: based on what I have read, I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a healthier lifestyle! The "diet" just seems like a smart, healthy eating plan, with simple ideas and tricks. Plus, with the book being so full of information, it will absolutely help readers understand their overall health (and areas of needed improvements!). So, here's to health!


write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow

8 comments:

  1. I love diet books, but I borrow most from the library since I'm never sure which ones will appeal to me. I have to admit the good ones, like this, all start sounding alike because there's only so many ways to state what a healthy diet is! So, I've been reading more recently books that are about the food system as a whole and that's been a fun experience.

    You could keep track of your exercise with a bunch of other bookish types at the Tuesday Readers' Workouts linky. Here's today's: http://www.joyweesemoll.com/2012/08/07/readers-workouts-august-7/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it's just me or if everyone else experiencing problems with your blog.
    It appears as if some of the written text in
    your content are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well?
    This might be a problem with my internet browser because I've had this happen previously. Thank you

    Also visit my webpage - Buy Raspberry ketone Plus

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a mind blowing article, this is what I have been searching for long time. You have just wrote good solid content to help those really want to transform their body for good looking shape,please keep providing good useful article like this one.

    There are many ways to lose weight, for instance this program called 3 weeks diet plan. This program has helped thousands of people even me I'm one of them with better results body transform

    3 weeks diet plan against weight loss:
    http://bit.ly/2pv8QHD

    Check My Out Blog For Updates:
    http://healthy4happy.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I am a vegetarian so can I eat legumes eg lentils and beans as a substitute? Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete