5.19.2014

Wrapping up Bout of Books 10

Hi guys! It's Monday, which means Bout of Books 10 has come to an end. How did everyone do with their goals and reading?

Day 7 update:
I didn't get to read much- only about 25mins (I read 32 pgs). I also didn't complete any of the challenge offerings either. Spent the day doing girl scout stuff with my (soon to be) step daughter and working in the garden (yay compost day!) so reading was on the back burner. It was an exhausting day, so I read that 25 or so minutes in bed then fell asleep with the book on my face.

Bout of Books Wrap-Up:
I'm not as pleased with my Bout of Books reading this year as I have been in the past, but I still got a fair amount of reading done and participated in a few fun challenges. As for my goals, I met 3 of my goals- I was able to finish a review post (to post next week), complete 2 challenges (I actually completed 4), and finish 2 books (one for pleasure, one for work). I didn't join in the twitter talks or meet my reading time goals. I'm still proud that I did complete some of my goals!

My overall Bout of Books stats for the week:

Pages read:
- 479
Hours spent reading:
- just a smidgen over 8 hours
Books Read:
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (finished)
- Explicit Direct Instruction (finished)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (started)
Challenges Completed:
- Social Media introductions
- If x, then y
- Rainbow of Books
- Cover Scavenger Hunt
My ROGBIV stack for the Rainbow of Books challenge (in honor of my HP reread, I used just HP books in my stack)


write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow

ps: Bout of Books 11 will be held August 18 - 24th!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you weren't pleased with what you read. I hope you had fun though!!

    ReplyDelete