Armchair BEA site.
So, without further ado, let's start by introducing ourselves!
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? Where in the world are you blogging from?
Hello hello! I'm Jenna and I started blogging in 2009, as a means to record all the books I was reading. I have been pretty on-again off-again with it throughout the years, but the past few years have been much more consistent with just some lulls throughout the year. I'm blogging from Central/Upstate New York - I've lived in this vicinity my whole life.
2. What does your favorite/ideal reading space look like? (Pinterest encouraged!)
I LOVE tiny nooks. My ideal place is currently being built in my basement- under the stairs I am getting a nook. It will look like this picture in terms of structure, but style will be more rustic to match the knotty pine finish of our basement. I'm also going to extend the length to go under the stairs instead of shelving like in this picture- that way it can also be utilized as a place to lay down and crash. The underneath will be storage like in this picture. BUT if we are being honest, my ideal nook would be colorful and plush and bursting with eccentric touches... it just doesn't fit into the decor of my house so I'm compromising. :)
3. Share your favorite book or reading related quote.
4. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 books would you bring? Why? What 3 non-book items would you bring? Why?
Ooooh good question! If I was stranded on an island..
The 3 books I would bring...
1. Harry Potter (yep- cheating... counting the series as one! LOL) because it is by far my most favorite series ever.
2. Lord of the Flies because what better book is there to read on a deserted island?! Also, it is another favorite
3. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest to keep myself grounded in reality... also, a long time favorite
The 3 non-book items I would bring...
1. My Gerber multi-tool.. for the obvious reasons of survival
2. Water bottle purifier... so I can drink the water
3. Flint & steel... because making fire without the two is a pain in the ass
5. What book would you love to see as a movie?
I'd love to see George Orwell's 1984 made into a movie. I know it has been done, but I want it updated and done well
write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow