11.21.2010

Penguin-Putnam Warehouse Sale!

Last week Joe & I went to the Penguin Putnam Warehouse Sale... lucky for us it is only 10 minutes away!  I've gone every year since college when I was student teaching so I could begin building my classroom library.  This year was the first year I bought books both for my class and for myself.  My classroom library is pretty robust after a few years as a Scholastic BookClub member & yearly visits to this book sale.
I also was on a tight budget this year (unfortunately, new tires beat out books) so I tried to get the biggest bang for my buck by purchasing a few for me, a few for my class and a few as gifts for my nephews & niece.  This year I got $310 worth of books for $45!!  Woohoo! 

Here is a peek at my loot:

Books for me:
Flower Children, Voluntary Madness, Candy Girl, Three Cups of Tea (young reader edition), When Rabbit Howls, Delicious, Wintergirls

Books for family:
2 Mad Art Draw-on/Wipe-off Holiday Books, Jan Brett Little Library, Mr. Birthday, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

Books for my classroom December bin:
Snow is my Favorite and my Best, Gingerbread Friends, Santa Duck, Welcome Comfort, The Legend of the Poinsettia, The Night Before The Night Before Christmas, Penguin's Snowy Day, The Night Before New Year's

Books for my classroom listening station:
Wee Sing for Christmas, Return to Hundred Acre Woods

Books for my classroom December activity bin:
The Nutcracker (sticker book), Ornament coloring book, Mad Libs activity book

Books for my classroom February bin:
Everyone Says I Love You, Be My Valentine Peter, The Night Before Valentine's Day
Everyone Says I Love You is a beautiful pop up book- each page says "I Love You" in a different language with a pop-up that matches the region where the language is used.. here is a peek at the beautiful pages- English (America- Statue of Liberty) and French (France- Eiffel Tower)



No comments:

Post a Comment