8.24.2015

Bout of Books 14 Update Hub

Welcome to my Bout of Books 14 Update Hub! I will add my daily reading, BoB participation, and other tidbits here each day this week.

Day 1: Monday
Time spent reading: 40 minutes
Pages read: 36
Books read: Naked and Marooned by Ed Stafford
Challenges completed: 0
Books completed: 0
Notes: Not too much time to commit to reading today, had a lot of random things to do around the house and we're currently puppy sitting, which is basically a full time job. Hoping to devote more time tomorrow, and thinking of switching up books because Naked and Marooned is getting to be a bit repetitive.

Day 2: Tuesday
Time spent reading: 30 minutes
Pages read: 25
Books read: Naked and Marooned by Ed Stafford
Challenges completed: 1 - book scavenger hunt - find my entry on IG (here and here)
Books completed: 0
Notes: Another busy day, didn't get to read until bed and then I just fell asleep with the book on my face.

Day 3: Wednesday
Time spent reading: 10 minutes
Pages read: 10
Books read: Naked and Marooned by Ed Stafford
Challenges completed: 0
Books completed: 0
Notes: Well, so far my Bout of Books reading is amounting to very little...  but last night, Bear was home so we spent some time together since we haven't sen much of one another due to his work schedule this week. Then I tried to read in bed, but fell asleep real quick. Oh well. Hopefully I'll make up some time Thursday and this weekend.

Day 4: Thursday
Time spent reading: 15 min
Pages read: 13
Books read: Naked and Marooned 
Challenges completed: 0
Books completed: 0

Day 5: Friday
Time spent reading: 0
Pages read: 0
Books read: n/a
Challenges completed: 0
Books completed: 0
Notes: today was the last day of teaching summer school... busy day and then after work we all went straight to Missy's house to celebrate.... and by time I got home, reading was not on the agenda for me. 

Day 6: Saturday
Time spent reading: 1hr 35m
Pages read: 80
Books read: Naked and Marooned 
Challenges completed: 1 - book roadtrip
Books completed: 1 -  Naked and Marooned by Ed Stafford 
Notes: I finally got some reading in today! Mostly at the very end of the day and then again in bed. My moments reading at the lake were only a few, as every time I got into the book I got distracted then had to reread! Glad to finally be done with this book though. It got repetitive, but I couldn't find the ability to switch off books and move on. I think that also has attributed to my lack luster taking performance this week. Oh well. Time to move on to The Infinite Sea and see what Sunday brings! 

Day 7: Sunday
Time spent reading: 2hr 10m
Pages read: 120
Books read: The Infinite Sea 
Challenges completed: 0
Books completed: 1


write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow

No comments:

Post a Comment