8.16.2015

Bout of Books 14

Where has the time gone? Is it really time for another Bout of Books?! Hard to believe, but it certainly is! I am once again, joining in for the Bout of Books reading challenge. This is the 14th round of BoB.. I've been joining in the fun since Bout of Books 5.0 (August 2012) and have loved it every time. It is low pressure and full of fun. Here is the official blurb from Bout of Books headquarters:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 17th and runs through Sunday, August 23rd in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 14 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
Once again, I have the unfortunate luck of BoB coinciding with my last week of teaching summer school. While that means I will have some time to devote to BoB, I won't be able to focus full time on it. Thankfully, this time of the school year is pretty darn chill - summer session grades are due by Tuesday, so by time Wednesday rolls around it is just end of summer session fun.

My biggest goal for Bout of Books this time around is to read A LOT. I've gotten pretty behind in my reading this summer since it has been such a busy one... between my wedding, honeymoon, summer school, friends weddings, and lots of weekend excitement, it just hasn't been a very book-filled summer. I am hoping to change all that and do some serious reading this week during Bout of Books 14 and the 2 weeks following, during my summer break.

As for books, I don't have much set for a TBR. I plan to finish Naked and Marooned by Ed Stafford and I want to read the second book in the 5th Wave series, The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey. Other than that, I will just pick up whatever suits me at the time.

I hope to see some old and new faces around during BoB14 and I look forward to interacting! You'll find me most active on my Instagram account (found here) and I will post daily updates here on the blog.

See ya soon, and happy reading!!


write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow

No comments:

Post a Comment