1.05.2015

2014 wrap up


Wow. Where did 2014 go? It seems like every year the time flies by faster and faster and before I know it, it is on to the next. I can't believe it is already January 5th and I am back to work and into the swing of things. I tend to lose time when on break - I've always been this way... I pay no mind to the date or the hours and just listen to my body and hang out. I am exceptionally lazy and pretty much read or craft all day. This past holiday break was no different. Hence, why here it is, the 5th day of the new year and I'm just now getting around to blogging. It doesn't help that I only have a mini laptop at home and struggle with blogging on my phone. I swear, one of these days, someone is going to update blogger and make blogging on android systems easy.

So anyways...
In 2014, I read 83 books (of my goal of 80) on the Goodreads Challenge. 3 of those books were not listed on my GR account because I read them twice in one year (Harry Potter years 1-3).



Out of all the books I read in 2014, without a doubt, my favorite of the year was Pandemic by Scott Sigler - I waited years for this release and  was thrilled to finally read it. If you haven't read the Infected series by Scott, I suggest you run to the store and get all three right now. They're terrifying. Scott Sigler is a master of terror. His novels are horrifying and I've always been impressed. Infected was the first book I read of his, followed quickly by it's sequel, Contagious... it was then that I had to wait years for Pandemic to release. As I waited, I read Ancestor and really enjoyed it. He has other novels I have yet to pick up, but will definitely be doing so in 2015.




Now, as for the other stand out books of 2014:
click the caption to redirect to my original reviews of each book

so amazing I used it to teach my middle school students about bullying
5 stars went to this debut
I loved this one and gave it 5 stars as well 
check my 4-star mini review here
read my 4-star review here

no review -  I will post more about this in 2015

So, for the year 2014, I am happy with my reading. I enjoyed most of the books I read - lots of  4 star reviews. Of course, I read some that just didn't do it for me... but, it is what it is. I've also gotten a lot of pleasure out of rereading Harry Potter- twice! I reread it early on in the year, then joined in the Harry Potter rereadathon hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. I reread the first 3 in 2014 and am going to start out 2015 reading Goblet of Fire.

Quick stats for 2014:
Books read - 83
Pages read - 26,499
First book of 2014: Jenny Rat by Martin Simons
Last book of 2014: The Treatment by Suzanne Young
Books purchased: 6
Books received from publisher: 46
Books off my TBR pile: 11
Books borrowed (library): 5
Books that were rereads: 15 (Harry Potter 1-7, Infected 1-2, The Hunger Games 1-3, Harry Potter 1-3)
Books reviewed on blog: 47
Did not finish: 2






write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow

No comments:

Post a Comment