10.15.2015

Readathon Stack!

Last night I decided to get my Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon stack together! It made me super excited... I cannot wait for Saturday!!

I'm currently reading The Martian by Andy Weir and hope to finish it tonight... it has been a crazy busy week so I have been falling asleep super early and not reading near as much as I'd like to... on the upside of that though is the hope that all this extra sleep this week will get me prepped to stay up for a full 24 hours on Saturday!

So, this is my stack for Saturday:


J by Howard Jacobson has been compared to Orwell's 1984 and Huxley's Brave New World, so obviously I need to read it- those are two of my all time favorite books. Literally, that is all I read about J - I picked it up solely based on those comparisons (so let's hope it lives up to those bold statements!)

Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel is on everyone's must read list right now. I have had it on the back burner for awhile now. I picked it up because I love stories that tell the tales of society's collapse. I've heard so many rave reviews, I thought it was time to bump it up on the TBR.

Asylum by Madeleine Roux is a book I originally got for my classroom and then snagged for myself. Boarding school meets psychiatric hospital full of dark, disturbing secrets? Hell yeah. Count me in.

Barry Trotter and the Unauthorized Parody was handed to me by one of my students. He found it in the library and of course thought of me! I have never read any of the Harry Potter parodies, so I figured it was about time I did- especially since a student gave it to me to read! I added it to my stack because I know I am going to need to a little humor to break things up.

Accomplice by Eireann Corrigan is a young adult novel I have had collecting dust for years. Figured it was time to bring it out. I thought this would be a nice addition because it sounds like a quick read - two friends plan a fake kidnapping scenario to gain national attention, but then they get way more than they bargained for.

Of course, I have my Kindle too. I've got it loaded up with a lot of short spooky stories to break my reading up throughout the day. I find that I always need little breaks throughout the day and short stories really help with that.

Now, for the fun part... getting my snack stack together! Haha. Variety is key and tomorrow will be shopping day to get lots of goodies to munch throughout the day. Also- GOOD coffee. I gotta grab some different flavors cappuccino for my Keurig, because again- variety is key to everything.

Hope you guys are having fun getting your reading and snacking stacks together!



write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow

No comments:

Post a Comment