4.21.2015

The readathon is so close I can taste it!

It is that time again - time for Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon! The readathon starts this Saturday!

For those of you who don't know, this readathon was started in October 2007 by Dewey... Dewey died in late 2008. In 2009, the readathon was renamed in her honor and continues to this day, twice a year. Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon is now hosted Andi & Heather of The Estella Society.
Back when it started out, the readathon had 37 participants. This year, it looks like we're going to have over 1,000 participants!

The readathon is always fun and is a great way to whittle down your TBR, socialize with other bookish folk, and most importantly- READ!

Like in the past, I will be doing updates on the blog but will primarily share my reading notes & progress on my instagram page. I'll tweet occasionally, but that tends to get me much too distracted and before I know it I have been sucked into the internet.

I have not yet built my readathon stack, but I do know I will be reading a few from my Kindle. I have 1 novella that I plan to read, and I am hoping to read a few graphic novels. My goals are to set some time aside to join a twitter conversation, instagram hourly updates, read 4+ books, write 1 review post, and drink a lot of coffee and mimosas. I will start right at 8 (NY's start time) and plan to go the full 24 hours... probably with a few hammock naps scattered throughout the day. Bear has the day off again this year and he told me he will be my mimosa and coffee maker. I am crossing my fingers for a nice day so I can catch some sun while reading too!

As Saturday draws nearer, I will post my official readathon stack and my readathon snack stack (because we all know food is just as important to a good readathon experience!)

So, if you haven't already, click the link and join up. I promise it is a blast. If you can't work in the full day, just join for a few hours- it is really fun and it is a great way to meet new bookish friends!
Hope to see you around!



write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow

1 comment: