4.06.2015

100 Skills mini review

100 Skills for the End of the World as We Know It by Ana Maria Spagna
Storey Publishing // April 21, 2015
paperback, 224pgs
ISBN-13: 978-1612124568
source: egalley from the publisher

About the book:
What skills will you need after a global catastrophe? Whether it’s the end of oil, an environmental disaster, or something entirely unforeseen, Ana Maria Spagna outlines 100 skills you’ll find indispensable for life after the apocalypse. Once the dust has settled, you’ll need to know how to barter, perform basic first aid, preserve food, cut your own hair, clean a chimney, navigate by the stars, stitch a wound, darn socks, and sharpen blades. You’ll also want to build a stable and safe community, so you’ll need to master the arts of conversation, child raising, listening, music making, and storytelling.

My thoughts:
I adored this book! I'm big on homesteading and have always has an interest in survival skills, so this was right up my alley.
It is a down and dirty, quick tip guide with the greatest illustrations ever. There were lots of tips and skills I was already aware of, but there were plenty more that I didn't know. I feel like I learned a fair amount, as well as got some good reminders. This is definitely a book everyone should own, if only for the reminders. You never know when you'll need these tips. I should go buy it in paperback now, because one problem we have yet to design a solution set for is technology and the end of the world.




write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow

book image, synopsis from Amazon.com
I received this as an egalley from the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment