4.25.2015

The first 5 hours

Hi readathoners! Time for a little update after finishing hour 5 of the readathon.

This year, I've decided to do less blog updates.... so I'll be posting every few hours when I'm needing a break. 

We just completed hour 5, and so far I'm feeling great! 

Still on book 1, Looking For Alaska by John Green and LOVING it. Just got past the rip your heart out part, hence why I'm taking a mental break. 
I've had some coffee, mimosas, and a fried egg breakfast sandwich... no heavy snacking yet!

I have spent most of my reading time outside on the back deck and a bit of each hour surfing IG posts. I also want to share my favorite quote encountered during this reading block:
"You spend your whole life stuck in a labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present." - Alaska to Miles, from Looking For Alaska by John Green 

Now, onto the stats:

Readathon stats:
Pages read: 177
Time spent reading: 3hr 22m
Books read: Looking For Alaska by John Green 
Books finished: 0
Blog posts written: 2 (opening meme & this)
Challenges completed: 1 (opening meme)
IG posts: 4
Coffees consumed: 2

Hope everyone is having fun... don't forget to stretch! 


write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read that book but I've meant to. I've heard so many good things about it. Hope you enjoy the rest of your readathon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Green is the best! Also, I realized that I've followed you on Instagram but never visited your blog! Happy readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read Looking for Alaska, but I've heard great things! It was a really good quote that you pulled out. Have a fun rest of the Read-a-Thon!

    ReplyDelete