2.16.2013

Water for Elephants

Oh, how can I even begin to describe Sara Gruen's Water for Elephants?

Stunning
Breathtaking
Astounding
Dramatic
Sensuous
Gripping
Mesmerizing

I don't think words are beautiful enough to describe this book. I was in love with this from the get go. Throughout this book, I caught myself smiling as I read... full on cheesy smile, as I was totally entranced by the world I was lost in. I also found tears in my eyes over and over- both in joy and sadness. This book tore through me.

I can't really review this beyond saying that Water for Elephants was magical. If you have yet to read this (which I highly doubt, considering I am one of the last people on earth to read it), stop everything and go start it now. 
This is one of those novels that I wish someone had thrust this one on me so I could have experienced the beauty that this story is earlier.


*****

This book crosses over TWO challenges for me- yay!

My mom read this forever ago with her book club, they raved about it and it got added to my long list of books to be read... therefore, crossing off my third Mount TBR book.

I also am using this one for the Monthly Keyword for February... I choose to stretch this month and use Water for Elephants under the animal February keyword.


write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow

No comments:

Post a Comment