5.14.2012

50 Shades

The hype took me over and I cracked... I just finished Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James on Friday. I've let it settle in my brain, and I don't know how I feel about it.  I am torn between despising and adoring Christian Grey. I am torn between admiring and loathing Anastasia Steele.

First of all, it took me over 200 and some odd pages to even enjoy the book.  I didn't like it from the get-go, and I felt like I was just waiting for the magical "ooooh I love it!" moment.  That moment did not come for me.  However, by time the last 50 pages came- I was hooked. I needed to turn the page and I needed to know what was going to happen next. But then it ended. And I was left wanting more.

See why I am so torn??  I didn't even really care for the book, yet here I am thinking about going out to B&N tonight to pick up the next two books, just so I can see what happens next.
I hope that after reading all three books, I may be able to form a review and a more concrete feeling about it all.  It is a phenomenon after all. 
Maybe by time next week rolls around, I will have a totally different opinion on the matter.... so for now, I will leave it at this: torn. (but craving more)


write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow

No comments:

Post a Comment