12.08.2009

A Non Review: Let It Snow



Last night I just updated my "I'm Reading" sidebar with a new book- Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle.  I figured from the blurb on the back that it was going to be an interesting and sweet romantic novel with some Christmas spirit.  Also, I did enjoy reading the young adult novel, TTYL and the other 'Internet Girl Series' by one of the authors (Lauren Myracle) when some of my students were reading them.  However, I was BEYOND disappointed within the first 40 pages.  I rarely ever put a book away after starting, but this was one of those books.  I was immediately bored and the writing was sub-par.  There was no hook to pull me in, and even by page 5, I was ready to give up.  I stuck it out until page 40ish and then just decided that it wasn't worth my time.

Has anyone else read this book?  I would love to hear other opinions if you have... maybe it would make me want to give it another try...


write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow

No comments:

Post a Comment