Hello hello fellow bookish bloggers and Armchair BEA buddies! I am once again joining in the fun of ABea and will be participating a bit during the week (due to work) and a LOT during the weekend. I hope to see everyone around and can't wait till Friday afternoon greediness from work to REALLY get into ABea.
So today, it is introductions. We have been posed 11 questions and must answer 5... so here goes!!
#2 -- Where in the world are you blogging from?
* I am from New York, Binghamton to be precise. It is 3ish or so hours from NYC, a quick hop skip and a jump to the PA boarder, and a few hours from our capital, Albany. Bing is a decent sized town with a bunch nearby... being fairly centralized is quite nice.
#3 -- Is this your first Armchair BEA?
* Nope! I am happy to say that I am not an ABea newbie, and have participated in years past. I come back for the fun and community of ABea... and the prizes are a fun lil perk!
#4 -- Currently reading?
* I have a mix going on right now.. I have been in a reading / blogging slump this month so I turned to Harry Potter to pull myself out of the funk. I'm still rereading the series now, as well as Under the Dome by Stephen King and One Breath Away by Heather Gudenkauf. I also have a lot ready to go on the TBR pile.
#9 -- Literary location?
* I would most like to visit the world of Harry Potter. I'd love to see Hogwarts and Diagon Alley and the Burrow and even Privet Drive. Since that is probably not gonna happen, seeing that I'm 28 and still haven't gotten my acceptance letter, Id settle to just visit London.
#11 -- What changes do I want to see in the coming years?
* Okay, so I'm going to veer off blogging / ABea for this one and talk and our society... I'm making generalizations here, so sorry in advance! I would really like our society to wake up. I think we are sheep who often follow whatever the media feeds us. I'd also like to see parenting swing back to the era I was raised in: where respect and manners and courtesy and kindness mattered - not the entitlement I see oozing from kids today (and yes I can stay that because I've taught middle school for the past 5 years! Haha). I think our eating habits and general way of life needs to change for the healthier... or pretty soon we won't have a legacy to leave behind. Overall, I want the works to be more MINDFUL... be kind, think, feel, enjoy, thrive. (ok, stepping off my soapbox now before I go into crazy rambling zone)
Soooo that's that. Questions answered and a bit of who I am. Can't wait to meet you all and to visit your blogs throughout the week! I'll see ya around!
ps: I posted this from my cell on the blogger app -- let me know what ya think!