10.12.2012

RIP Movie Review: The Tall Man


Last week I was trolling around on Netflix and stumbled across The Tall Man, a thriller starring Jessica Biel that was released to DVD on the 25th of September. It is an "English-language French mystery film". As I was looking for some screen shots and movie posters to add this this review, I stumbled upon some reviews- mostly poor. Now, I cannot say that this movie was in any way scary and I certainly wouldn't even put it into the mystery category. I would call this more of a psychological thriller. The premise of the movie is based around the legend of The Tall Man- a dark and mysterious man who steals the local children, never to be seen again. The main character is Julia, a widowed mother who is also the local nurse. Her world is turned upside down when her son is stolen. When taken, Julia fights to find her son and take him back. As the story unfolds, the twists and turns get quicker and more substantial. I must admit that I was surprised by a lot of the twists, but did figure out the ending mid-way through. Nonetheless, I did enjoy the movie. The setting the dark and dismal, the characters were interesting, and the myth was intriguing. Not overly amazing, but certainly not disappointing. I would recommend this on Netflix for a filler movie when you're in search of something different and of a psychological thriller.


write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow

No comments:

Post a Comment