10.03.2010

YA Dystopian Challenge

I've joined a new challenge!  I figured that since I actually completed all my other challenges, I might as well pick up a new one.  Plus, I've been looking for an excuse to read some YA novels... and I like dystopian novels.  The YA Dystopian 2 Challenge is hosted by Darren at Bart's Bookshelf.  This is the second year of the challenge, which runs from October 1st through December 19th.  There are three levels of participation... I picked the middle ground- level 2.  This level means I must read at least 2 but up to 4 (more would put me at level 3... which may end up happening!).  I didn't want to over-commit to level 3 (at least 5 novels) so I went in the middle.
I'm really excited about the challenge. I hope to find some new and interesting novels to read.  I've been browsing participants lists and Darren's 50+ Fantastic YA Dystopian Novels post, so now I need to narrow down a list of my own.  Currently I am in the middle of the novel (that is slow moving and I can't really find a reason to love) so I may be running out to the bookstore tonight to grab a book for this challenge!
I'll keep ya posted! :)
write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow

1 comment: