2.17.2016

DNF



Rarely do I DNF a book, but J: A Novel by Howard Jacobson was one of those. I really have very little to say. I didn't finish and I was wildly disappointed... getting less than 50 pages in.

My thoughts:
I don't even know what the hell happened with this one. The synopsis described this book as something to compare with 1984 and Brave New World... two of my favorite books. Well, J failed to deliver. This book made the "did not finish" list. I could barely get past the first 30 pages, let alone finish the book. The cover and the synopsis of this book made it seem like a winner, one I would truly enjoy.... unfortunately, I was very wrong. I wouldn't recommend this one.

I received this book for a fair and honest review from Blogging For Books


write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow

No comments:

Post a Comment