3.24.2014

Netgalley Spring Cleaning


Over the weekend I did a little Netgalley Spring Cleaning. My to be read pile is enormous and my Kindle was getting cluttered. I decided to power through a few graphic novels from my Netgalley pile. Since they're quick reads, I'm just going to do a few sentence mini-reviews on each.... really, just my overall impressions on the books. All of these titles are also towards my Netgalley reading challenge.

47 Ronin by Mike Richardson & Stan Sakai
This wasn't a book that really interested me,  but it did encourage me to look up the movie, as well as the history. Beautiful book but just not my cup of tea. I do think that ya readers,  especially boys will enjoy this.





Grimm Fairy Tales: Realm Knights by Patrick Shand
Very cool concept. Loved the plot and the graphics are great. I'm interested in the next volume after reading this one. Well done and I also think my students would like this.





Sheltered Volume 1 by Ed Brisson & John Christmas
The men and women of Safe Haven have been preparing for any-and-all end of world scenarios for years. However, their bunkers, weapons and training can't save them from the one threat they never could have expected: Their own children.






Handmade Gatherings by Ashley English
This book was incredibly inspiring. The ideas are fresh and fun and the images are stunning. The recipes sound divine and I am excited to test them out with the approaching Spring/Summer season. We love hosting parties at our home and this book got me inspired to do more than just bbq with beers. I am also planning a wedding (June 2015) that will have this handmade vibe and many ideas will be incorporated into that thanks to this book. I'm highly recommending this to friends!






write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow

FTC: I received all titles via Netgalley in exchange for a fair and honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment