1.21.2013

Easy Peasy Bathbombs

There is nothing more relaxing then a lovely scented bath, glass of wine, and a good book. I absolutely love to read and relax in the tub.. it is one of my favorite little pleasures. The other night I ran out of yummy bath stuff... no bubbles, no bath salts, nothing! So, I figured that I might as well whip out my old stand-by bathbomb recipe and make a batch.


The recipe is VERY easy.... I leave out Borax and cornstarch, which many recipes call for. The Borax just simply isn't necessary and although cornstarch can help bind it all together, it can also cause yeast infections. Although cornstarch typically doesn't bother those of us who aren't prone to yeast infections, I figure why bother if the possibility is there?

Easy Peasy Bathbombs:
(yields 6 medium bombs)

1/4c pure Citric Acid
1/2c Baking Soda
2 tbsp Carrier Oil (I use organic Grapeseed oil) 
10 - 20 drops of your favorite Essential Oil
1 drop food coloring
Witch Hazel (in a spray bottle)


Mix dry ingredients
Incorporate your wet ingredients until evenly distributed
Spritz your mixture 5 - 6 times with Witch Hazel until it holds form
Pack your bath bombs TIGHTLY into your mold and allow to sit undisturbed for 24 hours


Pop out your bathbombs and store in a pretty mason jar

Throw them in your next bath and watch them fizz and enjoy you sweet scented bath water


Enjoy your soak!

write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow

No comments:

Post a Comment