12.15.2016

The Theft of Memory


The Theft of Memory: Losing My Father, One Day at a Time
By Jonathan Kozol

I love memoirs and biographies, so I thought this would be a book I would find interesting. I'm always very interested in the brain and how it functions, so it fit well with that as well.
I have to admit that it took me a long time to get this read. I put it down multiple times just because it didn't hold my attention. However, I did complete the book- which is not something I always do with books that I am struggling to focus on.
Overall, I enjoyed the book. I thought it was an interesting story and I really liked the way that the author wove in personal and professional tidbits from his fathers life.I would certainly recommend this book to those who like memoirs or biographies, as well as to those who are interested in studying the brain or Alzheimers more specifically.




write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow

No comments:

Post a Comment