10.16.2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon

It's Thursday night and about time I share my Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon stack!
It is small this time around because Saturday will be a very busy day for us. Madeline (my son to be step daughter) is with us this weekend and we have lots going on. Saturday she has a birthday party to attend and we plan to go day trick or treating (if time allows) at our local Animal Adventure. We're also planning to go to a haunted Rail Trail walk either Friday or Saturday night, and of course carve pumpkins, bake Halloween cupcakes, and have some quality family time. I'm so glad she'll be with us again this weekend... but since she won't be here again until after Halloween so we want to get in all the Halloweenie fun that we can this weekend! Therefore, the readathon is taking a backseat this round. That's okay though, because I'm beyond grateful to have her home!
My stack includes the book In currently reading (on my Kindle Fire) - "The Quick" by Lauren Owen. It also contains "Mother Mother" by Koren Zailckas and (finally) "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green. I've had TFIOS since it first came out and just haven't gotten to it. Then the hype and buzz came, so I tucked it away to read after the buzz died down.... that, and after the movie was pity of theaters. I'll watch it soon after reading, I'm sure.
As always, I'm happy to be part of this community of readers and join in the readathon in memory of Dewey. Can't wait to see you around this Saturday!
Xox
Jenna

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you still decided to join us for the readathon! Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete