3.07.2011

The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary

The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary (Diary of a Wimpy Kid)
I have yet to actually see Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Movie, but did read the companion book, The Wimpy Kid Movie Diary by Jeff Kinney.  It is really a cool book, because it is still written like a diary and has all the pictures and comics that Greg likes to draw, but it is written from Jeff Kinney's point of view.
It is an interesting read, because it gives you and inside look at the movie making business.  It isn't like other "movie" books I've read- this one really seemed to explain how a book turns into a movie and all about the movie making process.  I totally felt like I learned a lot while reading it.  I didn't realize how much goes into a movie... I mean, I always knew it too a lot of people and a lot of effort, but I didn't really realize it until I saw the pictures and read about it.  I liked that they added so many stills and pictures from the movie and the behind the scenes action.  It was also interesting to learn about the casting process for kids.  I think for a child reading this book it would definitely shed light on a possible "dream life" - while it seemed like a lot of fun it is still a lot of work and a lot of boring time too.  I do plan on seeing the movie... it is currently an incentive and I will be watching it with my class after they meet their goals.  Once I see it I will review it- so far I have heard mixed reviews.... I'll have to judge for myself!

write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow

1 comment:

  1. I need to look for this once I finish the Wimpy Kid series. I have one more book to go!

    ReplyDelete